Welcome To My Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Strength and weakness

My strength is I’m a hardworking person. I always make sure that I do my best so that I can produce good results. The only reason is I want to seek knowledge. I strongly believe that all the knowledge that I’ve learned will be useful if not now, maybe in the future. However, as a human I can’t deny that sometimes self satisfaction also influence me to work harder. Of course, sometimes I lost my concentration because of some reasons but I always tell myself to ignore or forget about the problems because they are not important. However, I realized that it is good to analysed the problems so that I get the solutions and don’t have to think too much about that again.

My weakness is that I’m not brave enough to speak directly to people what I feel. Even though I joined many activities like poetry, debate, and public speaking since I was in primary school, I’m still not good enough to express or tell others my own feelings. I mean, if I’m not satisfied with them or there’s something I need to tell them. Usually it happens when I have to work in a group. I think, working as a team is quite challenging and there are many skills that we need to have in order to deal with other people. Sometimes I really enjoy when working in a team because everybody contribute to the group and we manage to produce the best results but sometimes it is quite stressful when there are group members who do not contribute anything. Based on my past experience, I’ve been selected as the group leader in most of the group project. Being a group leader was not easy as I had to sacrifice more than others. As I’m taking this course, I realize that I’m still lack of certain skills such as people skills, leadership skills, strong at building teams, conflict resolution and conflict management. However, I believe that where there’s life, there’s hope. I just need to put more effort to develop those skills in order to be a good leader and project manager.

No comments: